Recipe by Lavender Lynn
"This is an all time favorite dipping sauce for tempura shrimp, fried calamari. Recipe from All Recipes
- 1 tablespoon thai chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the chili-garlic sauce, garlic, lime juice, and white wine together in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; allow the mixture to simmer until reduced to about 1/3 its original volume, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced to about 1/3 its original volume, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat the medium low. Whisk the cooled garlic mixture into the cream. Add the butter to the mixture about 2 tablespoons at a time, whisking vigorously to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
- It's important to have the first set of liquid to cool so when you add it to the cream and butter it doesn't curdle.