Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a relatively quick recipe that has a great rich flavor. The peanut sauce is also a good dipping sauce for grilled chicken.
Top Review by Katiekid
Very good recipe. I used crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy and left out the sesame oil, but otherwise I followed the recipe closely. Next time, I will add more stir fry veggies.
- 2 1⁄2 cups 5-minute instant rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon bottled chopped ginger
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Make peanut sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Set aside.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt.
- When the water boils, add the rice; cover the pan, and remove from the heat until ready to serve.
- Cut the chicken into short strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add the chicken, garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the green onions, bamboo shoots, peanuts, soy sauce, sherry and sugar.
- Stir well, then add the peanut sauce and stir well again.
- Cook until heated through, 2 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of the rice.