Recipe by lmkga
I've adapted this from several other recipes. I served this at a Thai-themed dinner and everyone loved it. Serve this with rice and a vegetable curry. It is delicious!
Top Review by Jeffsmom
I agree with C in PA on the instructions error--but this will teach me to read a recipe thoroughly before I get started. The sauce needed a little something extra, but still, pretty tasty
- 4 whole chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- lime, zest of
- lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, blend peanut butter, water, soy sauce and sugar.
- Set the sauce aside.
- This can be made hours ahead and put in refrigerator.
- Marinate chicken bites in 3 Tbsp of the peanut sauce for about 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat peanut oil over high heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper, cilantro, ginger, and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken. While chicken is cooking add lime zest and lime juice and cook chicken until firm and white, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter sauce.
- Cook, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Put extra sauce from pan in a gravy dish and serve alongside.