Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
A mild recipe, if you don't dip into the chile sauce, which will blow your socks off! A good choice for eating when the kids are around.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 firm ripe peaches
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- bamboo skewer
- thai red chili sauce (recipe ID #30195)
For the Marinade
- 1⁄4 cup dole frozen orange-peach-mango juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 slices fresh galangal root (soaked in warm water 20 minutes, and julienned)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 -7 kaffir lime leaves, scored (soaked in warm water 20 mintes if dry)
- Trim chicken breast of fat; and cut into 1 1/2" cubes.
- Mix together marinade in pour into shallow dish or ziplock bag.
- Add chicken cubes and stir to coat evenly; allow to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to several hours refrigerated.
- Soak approximately 12-15 wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes, or use metal skewers.
- Prepare grill or coals for cooking.
- Peel and cut peaches into quarters, then halve each quarter (for 8 pieces per peach).
- Seed and cut bell peppers into approximately 1" pieces.
- Alternate meat, fruit, meat, pepper on skewer, and repeat until skewer is full.
- Repeat for remaining skewers until ingredients are used up.
- Cook skewers on grill 5-7 minutes per side, or until juices from chicken run clear.
- Serve with Thai Red Chili Sauce (Nam Prik Dang, recipe ID#30195), if desired.