Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
In '300 Best Stir-Fry Recipes' by Nancie McDermott
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (can use thighs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup small broccoli floret
- In a small bowl, combine oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, pepper and chicken stock; stir well.
- Heat a wok or a large deep skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Add garlic and toss well, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add chicken and spread into a single layer.
- Cook, undisturbed, until edges turn white, about 1 minute.
- Toss well and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add broccoli florets and toss well.
- Cook, tossing once, until bright green, for 1 minute.
- Add oyster sauce mixture and toss well.
- Cook, undisturbed, until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Serve hot or warm--can serve over hot cooked rice.