Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, healthy and delicious!!!
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely shredded
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15-20 minutes, or according to package instructions.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, ginger, mushrooms, and garlic, and cook until lightly browned - about 8 minutes. Mix in ground turkey, and cook until browned. Stir in the coconut milk sauce. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced be about 1/3. Mix in green onions, and basil, and cook until heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.
Nice recipe, but we felt there was something missing. Not quite sure what though. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game. :)