This recipe is from Australian Women's Weekly - Easy Thai Style Cookery and is one of our favorite home cooked thai meals. It is easy and quick to put together and tastes wonderful
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely shredded (or 1-2 tbsp dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro roots (or 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- heat oil in wok or deep pan.
- cook onions and chilies until soft.
- add chicken and stir fry until tender. Add basil, fish sauce, cilantro and sugar. Cook for 1 minute.
- add coconut milk and heat through.
- serve with white sticky rice.