Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Thai chicken is an all time favorite with everyone.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 by 2 inch pieces (about 4)
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices
- 3 fresh red chilies, seeds and ribs removed,cut into thin slices or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups lightly packed basil leaves
- n a medium bowl, combine the chicken with the fish sauce, soy sauce, water, and sugar.
- In a large nonstick frying pan or a wok, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chilies and garlic; cook, stirring, 30 seconds longer.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon and add it to the hot pan.
- Cook until almost done, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Add the marinade and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup of the basil.
- Serve topped with the remaining 1/2 cup basil.
Lovely. Thanks for sharing.
This was good. Next time I think I would add more garlic, more chilies (I used crushed red pepper), and a touch more fish sauce. The raw chicken basically soaked up all the marinade but after it cooked in the skillet for a while, it released all the liquid, so I drained it then in order to brown the chicken a little, and added it back along with the basil once the chicken was browned. Very tasty!
Very tasty and quick to put together. A winner for my family.