1/2 Photos of Thai Chicken With Basil
An abundance of whole basil leaves joins chicken and fiery red chiles for a quick, delicious, and decidedly spicy stir-fry. Holy basil is the most authentic choice, but any variety will do. (From Food and Wine.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-by-2-inch pieces (about 4)
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam, available at Asian markets and many supermarkets)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin slices
- 3 fresh chili peppers, seeds and ribs removed, cut into thin slices or 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed basil leaves
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the chicken with the fish sauce, soy sauce, water, and sugar.
- 2In a large nonstick frying pan or a wok, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
- 3Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the chiles and garlic; cook, stirring, 30 seconds longer.
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon and add it to the hot pan.
- 6Cook until almost done, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add the marinade and cook 30 seconds longer.
- 8Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup of the basil.
- 9Serve topped with the remaining 1/2 cup basil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.9
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 1185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 34.9 g