Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fragrant and deliciously spicy. Prep time does not include marinating time, so allow time for that.
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4 fresh Thai red chili peppers, minced or 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- hot steamed rice
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl to make marinade.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag or shallow dish and pour marinade over, coating chicken pieces evenly.
- Remove air from ziplock bag and close tightly.
- Marinate, refrigerated, for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces in a shallow non-stick roasting pan, skin side up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
- Serve with steamed rice, if desired.
I made this for my husband's birthday this weekend. It was very easy to make, and we loved the flavors and heat of the chilies. The only thing I did differently was to double the sauce (we like saucey stirfry) and added chopped scallion and cilantro. Delicious! I will be making this one again for sure!
Used a whole spatchcocked chicken which I cooked using indirect heat on the grill; coconut cream instead of yogurt, a big handful of minced garden basil & several garden fresh hot peppers - serrano, jalapeno & a green Bulgarian carrot. Marinated all day & grilled for 45 minutes. Served with Recipe#239892 - awesome combo! Your Thai chicken is a keeper! Thanks for posting Sue L.!
A great change of flavor! The fish sauce and lime give this such an intense and different flavor. I made the marinade by throwing everything in the food processor and giving it a few pulses. I only used two chilies (ribs and seeds removes) So it wasn't hot at all and that suited me just fine. I used boned and skinless thighs, put them in a baking dish, poured the marinade over top and baked for about 30 minutes. Once done there is marinade in the bottom of the baking dish that you can pour over rice and steamed veggies.