Recipe by Sue Lau
Fragrant and deliciously spicy. Prep time does not include marinating time, so allow time for that.
Top Review by canarygirl
I made this for my husband's birthday this weekend. It was very easy to make, and we loved the flavors and heat of the chilies. The only thing I did differently was to double the sauce (we like saucey stirfry) and added chopped scallion and cilantro. Delicious! I will be making this one again for sure!
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4 fresh Thai red chili peppers, minced or 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- hot steamed rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl to make marinade.
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag or shallow dish and pour marinade over, coating chicken pieces evenly.
- Remove air from ziplock bag and close tightly.
- Marinate, refrigerated, for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces in a shallow non-stick roasting pan, skin side up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
- Serve with steamed rice, if desired.