Adapted from "100 Best Good Housekeeping One-Dish Meals".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 jumbo onion, thinly sliced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchstick-thin strips (about 2 inches by 1 inch)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into matchstick-thin strips
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, bring 1 inch of water and salt to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes, until asparagus is tender-crisp. Drain asparagus; set aside. Wipe out the skillet.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and soy sauce. Stir in chicken until evenly coated. (Coat chicken just before cooking, because the lime juice will change the meat's texture.).
- 3Add 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet; place over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken; cook 5 minutes or just until it loses its pink color throughout, stirring occasionally. With tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a clean bowl, leaving any cooking liquid in the skillet.
- 4Add onion, ginger and jalapenos to the skillet; cook until onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add onion mixture to the bowl with the cooked chicken.
- 5In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until hot. Add asparagus; cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return onion mixture and chicken to skillet; heat through.
- 6Toss basil and cilantro leaves with chicken mixture just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1536.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: