Recipe by Hey Jude
I found this recipe in 'America's Best Slow Cooker Recipes' by Donna-Marie Pye. I'm sure you can use other parts of the chicken for this recipe but I used boneless, skinless thighs and they were wonderful! I also used all-natural peanut butter so if you use a commercially prepared type, the end result may be a bit different. Also, I cooked this about 9 hours (we were late getting home) and it was just fine.
Top Review by jena21177
I made this recipe based on the flavors used. I love anything thai. What I got was chicken with a after taste of peanut butter. I had high expectations because I love these flavors, but was very disappointed! :(
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed and boneless if you wish (about 2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter, all-natural preferred
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- additional chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.
- Combine stock, peanut butter, soy sauce, cilantro, lime juice, chile pepper and ginger; mix well and pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- Serve garnished with chopped peanuts and additional fresh cilantro.