Recipe by mikus
What makes this chicken stock "Thai" is the cilantro stems. This stock has wonderful light flavor and is perfect for using in Thai recipes that require it(especially the clear-broth soups!)
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 onion, halved
- 3 carrots, halved
- 3 stalks celery, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro stems
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 slice ginger (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 10 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, onion, carrots, celery, cilantro, garlic, ginger, peppercorns, and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Skim off any froth that is on the surface.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Strain into a bowl, cool, and refrigerate.