Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
What makes this chicken stock "Thai" is the cilantro stems. This stock has wonderful light flavor and is perfect for using in Thai recipes that require it(especially the clear-broth soups!)
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 onion, halved
- 3 carrots, halved
- 3 stalks celery, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro stems
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 slice ginger (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 10 cups water
- Place chicken, onion, carrots, celery, cilantro, garlic, ginger, peppercorns, and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Skim off any froth that is on the surface.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Strain into a bowl, cool, and refrigerate.