Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is really different and so rich. This recipe from the back a bottle of soy sauce! Yum!!
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 lb fresh bean sprout
- hot cooked fine egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Cut chicken into thin strips; Coat with mixture of 1 Tbsp each cornstarch and soy sauce, sherry and 1/2 teaspoon garlic.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar and sugar.
- Slowly blend in 2/3 cup water and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in hot wok or large skillet.
- Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in same pan.
- Add green onions, bell pepper and 1/2 teaspoon remaining garlic.
- Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts& stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and peanut butter sauce mixture.
- Cook until sauce boils and thickens, about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Arrange over noodles and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Serve immediately.
I've made this a few times and always enjoy it! I think it resembles a peanut sauced stir fry and I love peanut butter flavoring. I think it's helpful to note that on step one, mix the ingredients together before adding chicken (I made the mistake of not mixing first). I usually add whatever veggies I have on hand also. Thanks for sharing!
This was very nice, but I don't think it is very "Thai". I was expecting a very different flavour - it is still yummy though