Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from a Weight Watchers meeting that I was afraid I'd lose. It is said to taste very authentic. Serve with jasmine rice (2 points/half cup)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups green beans, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, such as chili paste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil and swirl to coat pan. When hot, add chicken; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add scallion and garlic; saute until quite fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add green bean, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and chili paste; saute until green beans are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add basil and cook for 1 minute more.
Not enought liquid. Mine didn't turn out
I opted to add red pepper strips and julienned carrots too for additional color. After cooking the meat was dry enough I used it in lettuce wraps. It made a nice weeknight dinner. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
I made this almost exactly as posted, but used 16 oz. of ground chicken breast, which we like in Thai dishes. I steamed the green beans beforehand so they were a little tender, as I was afraid they would take too long to cook in the stir-fry. This went together very quickly, and was served with brown jasmine rice. Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT9.