Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something you can whip up on weeknights. Sub fish sauce for part of the soy sauce if you wish.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other heat source of your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce, garlic, and sambal oelek.
- Marinate the chicken for 15 minutes in this mixture.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, and remaining tablespoon soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the chicken until no longer pink.
- Add onion and peppers; stir-fry a few more minutes until veggies are tender but still crisp.
- Add cabbage and peanut sauce.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until cabbage is slightly cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the peanuts on top. Whether the peanuts are salted or not is up to you.
- Serve over rice.
I followed the recipe exactly (without fish sauce) and it was easy to make and very delicious!