Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Silky texture & makes your kitchen "smell like Heaven" according to a friend of mine. Original recipe from "True Thai" Victor Sodsook
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- 155.92 g gingerroot, cut in chunks
- 12 inch lemongrass, stalk cut into 3 in pieces
- 1 lime, zest of (zest of one lime)
- 2 (850.48 g) can coconut milk
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml chili paste (with tamarind)
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 36.97 ml fish sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small chili peppers, diced
- Bring stock, ginger, lemongrass & lime zest to a boil. Cook one minute then add coconut milk & chicken breast. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Combine chili paste, lemon juice, fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add to soup w/ mushroom slices & diced chilis. Simmer until mushrooms are soft.
- Serve after removing ginger chunks & lemongrass pieces.
This was pretty good. Next time, I think I would use only two cups of chicken stock, and a chicken stock made from roasted bones for a deeper flavor. ETA: I increased this by one star because I made it too mild. I put in more of the seasonings today. It also had a chance for the flavors to meld overnight, and it was really good today. I still think I'd put in a little less stock, though.
I used double the chicken and it was great. Great reheated the next day my co-worker wanted the recipe!