Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The delicious Thai soup is based on a recipe from Cook’s Illustrated. I’ve converted it to be Gluten-Free, with a couple of twists. Enjoy! For more great tasting and helthy gluten-free recipes, visit elanaspantry.com
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 8 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 28 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, halved lengthwise, sliced on bias, cut into 1/8 inch thick pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 serrano chilies, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cilantro, stirring frequently until softened –2 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock, coconut milk and agave and bring to a simmer.
- Pour broth through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids (shallot and cilantro).
- Return broth to saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium , add mushrooms and broccoli and cook until tender –2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink –1 to 3 minutes.
- Combine lime juice, curry paste and fish sauce in a small bowl then stir into soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro, chilies and scallions.
- Serve with wedges of lime.