Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
This classic Oriental soup now enjoys worldwide popularity
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (cook & chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces creamed coconut
- 3 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 ounces egg noodles (broken into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (finely Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- .Heat oil in large pan & fry the garlic for 1 minute until lightly golden.
- Add the chicken and spices and stir-fry for a further 3-4minutes.
- Crumble the creamed coconut into the hot chicken stock & stir until dissolved.
- Pour on to the chicken , then add the lemon or lime juice, peanut butter & egg noodles.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes,.
- Add the spring onions & fresh coriander, then season well & cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve in warmed bowls can garnish with fried coconut and chilli.