Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just love this soup. The broth has such good flavor. Sometimes when I make this I leave out the chicken entirely, or substitute a little bit of fish or shrimp, for the chicken.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 slices gingerroot
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 17 ounces coconut milk (regular or lite)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste
- 1 lb raw chicken breast, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chilies, sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a soup pot, bring stock and ginger slices to a boil, for one minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add coconut milk, lemon or lime juice, fish sauce, rice vinegar, green onions, and garlic chile paste; simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked.
- Turn off the heat, and add sliced chiles and cilantro.
Delicious!! I left out the chicken because I was serving with Recipe #390297 (kind of a Thai Soup n Sandwich thing) Instead of using garlic and red chili paste (my usual store doesn't carry it) i used a clove of garlic and that chili sauce you use for Mexican food. Next time I see the garlic chili paste, I'll pick some up. This was very easy to put together and tasted great. Thanks for posting!