Recipe by Krista Roes
I got this recipe from Cooking Light, March 2007. I haven't tried it but wanted to save it here.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Really good and a great fast dinner that we loved. Made as directed and it's definitely not bland but not too spicy either. I wonder if the original recipe called for fresh or bottled ginger, ground seems a bit out of place. I love Cooking Light recipe, thanks for sharing!Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 99.22 g bag boil-in-the-bag rice
- 680.38 g chicken breast tenders
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 14.78 ml canola oil, divided
- 236.59 ml sliced onion
- 9.85 ml bottled minced garlic
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 118.29 ml light coconut milk
- 29.58 ml sriracha sauce (hot chile sauce)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions and keep warm.
- Toss chicken with cornstarch and fish sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until done.
- Stir in coconut milk, Sriracha, sugar, and juice; cook 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice with lime wedges.