Recipe by Krista Roes
I got this recipe from Cooking Light, March 2007. I haven't tried it but wanted to save it here.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Really good and a great fast dinner that we loved. Made as directed and it's definitely not bland but not too spicy either. I wonder if the original recipe called for fresh or bottled ginger, ground seems a bit out of place. I love Cooking Light recipe, thanks for sharing!Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bag boil-in-the-bag rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (hot chile sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions and keep warm.
- Toss chicken with cornstarch and fish sauce.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until done.
- Stir in coconut milk, Sriracha, sugar, and juice; cook 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice with lime wedges.