Krista Roes's Note:
I got this recipe from Cooking Light, March 2007. I haven't tried it but wanted to save it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bag boil-in-the-bag rice
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (hot chile sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- 1Cook rice according to package directions and keep warm.
- 2Toss chicken with cornstarch and fish sauce.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken from pan.
- 6Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan.
- 7Add onion, garlic, and ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute.
- 8Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until done.
- 9Stir in coconut milk, Sriracha, sugar, and juice; cook 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated.
- 10Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
- 11Serve chicken mixture over rice with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken Saute
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 462.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk