1/2 Photos of Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Rick Young's Note:
A traditional Thai dish that goes over well. Preparation time does not include the 2 hours to marinate the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- bamboo skewer
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1To prevent scorching, soak bamboo skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Trim off any excess fat and tendons from chicken.
- 3Slice chicken into strips about 3/4 inch wide and thread onto skewers and place in a shallow glass dish.
- 4Mix the soy sauce, honey, and oil, and pour over the chicken, making sure all of the chicken is coated with the marinade.
- 5Cover dish with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 6Sauce: Heat oil in a small pan.
- 7Add onion flakes and cook over a low heat for 15 to 30 seconds.
- 8Add remaining ingredients, mix well, and cook until heated through.
- 9Set aside sauce to await the chicken.
- 10Drain the chicken (save the marinade).
- 11Cook chicken over a medium to high heat for about 8 minutes on the grill, turning often and brushing with marinade.
- 12Serve with the peanut sauce while hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.0
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 1837.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 59.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce