Recipe by Chef Christine
Nice and sophisticated salad
Top Review by Miss Annie
Thank you for a lovely salad recipe. This is one of the recipes I printed and took to Hawaii this summer. We loved all of the flavors, and they all complimented each other. I did use 1/2 tsp. Splenda in place of the sugar, and I used red pepper flakes in place of the cayenne (it's all I had). I let the dressing sit for about 30 minutes at room temp. to let the flavors meld. Served with some lovely white wine and crusty bread, this makes an excellent meal. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. It definately goes into my tried and true cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- 2 heads boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, sugar, and ground red pepper in a large bowl; stir in chicken scallions, cucumber, cilantro, and mint.
- Divide lettuce among four serving plates; top evenly with chicken mixture and sprinkle with peanuts.