Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
So easy and delicious!! A great summer salad, I usually make it when I leftover BBQ chicken.
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded or cubed
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- Make dressing and add the chicken~ toss to coat.
- In large bowl mix the lettuce and cabbage.
- Add chicken/dressing mixture the avacado and gently toss.
- Top with sliced green onion and cilantro.
Sister#2 and I fought who would get the itty bit of leftovers. I won so she packed up her computer and her power cord and her headphones and her camera card and went home. She must have like it.
Loved this! Cheated and used rotissere chicken. Other reviews are right: whatever vegetables you want is easy to swap out. The secret's in the sauce!
I made this up with some of the additional veggies that Sue suggested and it was a big hit! I used hot chili oil instead of sesame oil and added sesame seeds too, which worked well. Yum!