Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
So easy and delicious!! A great summer salad, I usually make it when I leftover BBQ chicken.
Make and share this Thai Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded or cubed
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- Make dressing and add the chicken~ toss to coat.
- In large bowl mix the lettuce and cabbage.
- Add chicken/dressing mixture the avacado and gently toss.
- Top with sliced green onion and cilantro.
Loved this! Cheated and used rotissere chicken. Other reviews are right: whatever vegetables you want is easy to swap out. The secret's in the sauce!
I made this up with some of the additional veggies that Sue suggested and it was a big hit! I used hot chili oil instead of sesame oil and added sesame seeds too, which worked well. Yum!
This was excellent! The dressing flavor was wonderful! I tweeked the vegetable ingredients quite a bit. For the lettuce, I used a combination of red leaf, romaine, and spinach. I also added mushrooms, bean sprouts, red onion, and broccoli. The fabulous dressing is the key, you can add whatever vegetable combination you want.