1/2 Photos of Thai Chicken Pizza With Sweet Chili Sauce
I am not a huge fan of the peanut sauce that most Thai pizzas tend to use as a base, but love a small amount of peanutty flavor mixed with the sweetness of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, so I came up with this pizza-pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pizza crust (I used 1/3 of my Pizza Dough Perfection)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup sweet chili sauce (mae ploy)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup Italian cheese blend
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup broccoli floret (blanched)
- 1/8 cup green onion, thinly sliced on bias
- 1/8 cup carrot, thinly sliced on bias (or you can julienne or grate it)
- 1/8 cup red bell pepper, julienned (or small dice)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chicken breast (cooked and sliced very thinly, I used a bit of Peanut Sauce Peanut Sauce brushed on before roastin)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, whole leaves (or minced if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (siracha (optional)
- 1Preheat oven and pizza stone to 550* (or as high as your oven will go, may only be 500*).
- 2Prepare your dough to top. You can prebake your crust for a minute or two after brushing with olive oil, or you can do as I do and just top the dough since I bake at such a high heat.
- 3Brush crust with olive oil. Spread on Thai Sweet Chili Sauce as thick or thinly as you like. (It is very sweet with just a hint of heat, I happen to love sweet and savory together, so I use a lot and add a pinch or two or crushed chili flakes).
- 4Layer on italian cheese and half of the cheddar. Add veggies, chicken, remaining cheddar. Sprinkle on sesame seeds allowing some to get on the untopped crust as well.
- 5Working quickly so as not to let the oven temperature drop, transfer pizza to pizza stone using a pizza peel, cookie sheet, or parchment paper.
- 6Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on the amount of toppings you added and how done you like your crust. If you have never baked a pizza at this high of heat before, you should DEFINITELY watch it like a hawk the first few times so you don't burn it. I have been told (and agree) that the high heat gives you more of a pizzaria-style pie!
- 7Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute. Drizzle with siracha and sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken Pizza With Sweet Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 223.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce
Italian cheese blend