Recipe by Sharlene~W
An easy version of the California Pizza Kitchen favorite. I like to use the Italian pizza crust (Boboli) because it is quick, but you could also adapt it to use your own favorite pizza crust. A good one I like here on Zaar is Recipe #8497 posted by Steve Sickenberger.
- 1 italian pizza dough (Boboli)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor or blender, combine peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, chili oil, ginger, honey and sesame oil.
- Set aside.
- Season chicken to taste with salt and cayenne pepper (use sparingly).
- Saute in olive oil until done (about 6-8 minutes).
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and coat with 2 tablespoons of the peanut sauce.
- Spread peanut sauce over the surface of the Italian pizza crust.
- Scatter chicken pieces over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Monterey jack cheese.
- Bake, uncovered in 400°F oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded carrot and cilantro.