Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
One thing I love about American Cuisine is that it is acceptable to mix together two different styles of cooking, like Thai with Italian! That's what this dish is, a pizza inspired by the flavor of Chicken Satay. Every ingredient in this dish compliments the other. I highly recommend leaving nothing out!
- 1 prebaked pizza crust (I have also used foccacia bread and Whole Pita breads.)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup diced pre- cooked chicken breast (I use Tyson Brand chicken strips)
- 1⁄4 cup sniped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, honey, vinegar, & soy sauce. Add minced ginger.
- Spread peanut sauce over the pizza crust.
- Layer toppings in the order listed above, putting the cheese on last.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 425 for 8-10 minutes, or according to the directions from the pizza crust package. You will know that it's done when the crust is golden and the cheese is melted!
- Let pizza cool a few minutes before cutting into wedges.