Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is devine! For a change, I sometimes use a combination with prawns, shrimp and mussles instead of the chicken. As this sauce cooks up fairly quickly, I would start cooking the pasta while the sauce is being cooked
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb shell pasta
- Stir coconut milk, curry paste and ginger in heavy skillet over medium high heat until paste dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Mix broth and cornstarch in small bowl until cornstarch dissolves; add to skillet.
- Stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Simmer over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, green onion, broccoli and cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Note: If you like your veggies cooked more thoroughly, add them with the chicken. If using prawns (instead of chicken), add them right at the end and cook until they are opaque.