Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A thai noodle dish similar to pad-thai, but easier to make at home.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (pounded and cut into bite size pieces) or 1⁄2 lb chicken breast (pounded and cut into bite size pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Chinese duck sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled gingerroot
- 2 -4 tablespoons thai garlic and red chile paste
- 1⁄2 lb rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1)In medium bowl, mix Shrimp or Chicken Breast with enough salad dressing to cover and marinade over night (if you like spicy add 1 Tblsp of chili garlic paste to the marinade).
- 2) In small bowl, with wire whisk mix peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, duck sauce, gingerroot, 2-3 Tblsp of Thai Chili Garlic paste (depending on how spicy you like), and a couple Tblsp of the salad dressing; set aside.
- Note: Sometimes it is easier to microwave the mixture for 30-40 seconds then whisk it.
- 3) Prepare rice noodles per package instructions.
- 4) In large sauté pan heat sesame oil until hot, sauté chicken on high heat until almost done, stirring constantly add carrots sauté 5 minutes then add scallions cooking for another 5 minutes, reduce heat.
- 5) In large bowl or pan toss hot rice noodles with peanut mixture and shrimp or chicken mixture.
- 6) Add everything to the pan where the shrimp or chicken was cooked and warm everything through.
- 7) Serve immediately.