- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb rice vermicelli
- 4 dried red chilies
- 6 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked
- 1 (6 ounce) can shrimp
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon nam pla
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken in wine 30 minutes.
- In a small skillet, saute garlic and shallots in 3 Tablespoons oil until crisp; drain, reserving oil.
- Boil rice vermicelli noodles 2 minutes; drain; toss with garlic oil.
- Grind red chilies.
- In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil and fry chilies 1 minute, until aroma mellows.
- Add chicken and wine, and sliced Chinese mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp; heat through; add tomato paste, 2 tablespoons sugar, and nam pla.
- Add bean sprouts and basil; stir 2 minutes.
- Add noodles; toss.
- Garnish with garlic, shallots, and peanuts.