Recipe by Sackville
If you have some chicken stock on hand, this is the easiest ever soup to make. Loaded with herbs and spices, I think it would be perfect for warming up on a chilly winter day or clearing a cold-stuffed body.
- 1 cup thin dried noodles
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 6 slices ginger, thick
- 2 small red chilies
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 4 fresh lime leaves
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 200 g cooked chicken
- coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- While this is happening, cut the ginger into thin shreds.
- Also halve the chillies, deseed them and chop the pepper finely.
- Cut the lemongrass into thin rings.
- Shred the lime leaves.
- Tip everything you've just chopped into the stock, as well as the noodles, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and throw it in as well, then simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the mint and coriander from their stems.
- Divide them into two soup bowls and ladle the soup over the herbs.