Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you have some chicken stock on hand, this is the easiest ever soup to make. Loaded with herbs and spices, I think it would be perfect for warming up on a chilly winter day or clearing a cold-stuffed body.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- While this is happening, cut the ginger into thin shreds.
- Also halve the chillies, deseed them and chop the pepper finely.
- Cut the lemongrass into thin rings.
- Shred the lime leaves.
- Tip everything you've just chopped into the stock, as well as the noodles, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and throw it in as well, then simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the mint and coriander from their stems.
- Divide them into two soup bowls and ladle the soup over the herbs.
this was awesome! i used udon noodles, and turkey stock w/turkey bits that i made yesterday. i didn't have lime leaves, used a bit of grated lime zest, it was very tasty
Very easy to make and very tasty - I did add a little cream to make it into a thai cream of chicken soup though - a definate winner
This was a great soup! And so easy to make with cooked chicken and chicken stock that I keep stored on hand (I like to cook up chickens on the weekends for meat and stock). One small change that I made to this soup was to simmer the stock with the aromatics, then strain it before adding the chicken and noodles so I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of lemongrass (which can be tough to deal with). I also didn't have mint, because I forgot it at the market, but the quality of the soup was still right up there, and was just wonderful. Thanks so much for posting.