Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Rachel Ray recipe I adapted for people like me who shop at a place without a lot of ethnic foods.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 poblano peppers, small slices
- 2 carrots, shaved with a veggie peeler
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups stock
- 3 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, broken into smaller pieces
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves, onion, and peppers and saute until soft. Then add the carrots and allow the them to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to simmer. Add the chicken and spaghetti and continue to simmer until and pasta are done.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro. ALlow to cool for a few minutes and serve.