Recipe by PaulaG
The recipe comes from Living Without. It is loaded with tons of wonderful fresh vegetables. If you can boil water you can make this wonderful salad. When cooking gluten free, please read labels carefully. Costco has gluten free rotisserie chicken.
- 1⁄2 lb gluten-free Thai rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (Sirracha) or 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups shredded gluten-free rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, halved length wise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced (scallions)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro or 1⁄3 cup Thai basil, roughly chopped, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place noodles in a large heat-proof bowl. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil and pour water over the noodles. Make sure noodles are fully submerged. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until noodles become tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain well and place noodles back in the bowl.
- While noodles are standing, stir together rice vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce (if using), sesame oil, honey or sugar, hot sauce, garlic and ginger in a small bowl. After noodles have been drained, add this dressing to noodles and toss to coat.
- Add chicken, carrots, red pepper, cucumber, bean sprouts and green onions to noodles, tossing to combine.
- Divide noodles among serving plates and garnish with cilantro or basil and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges on the side.