'Hot and spicy', served over 'cool and crispy'. From Chef at Home on BBC Food. Ring the changes with pork or shrimp in place of the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (or more, to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped (if you can get cilantro with the roots still attached, use the roots at this stage, saving the leave)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 -4 lemon grass root
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 6 -8 fresh lime leaves
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1Skim off the thick creamy paste from the top of the coconut milk into a saucepan and use to saute the next ingredients.
- 2Add curry paste and mix till combined on a fairly high 'saute' heat.
- 3Add 1 Tbsp cilantro and the chicken and saute until chicken is cooked through.
- 4Add the remaining liquid from the coconut cream, the additional can of coconut milk and the chicken stock.
- 5Trim off the green portion of the lemon grass, and using the whiter sections, slice the stalks open down the middle (without going all the way through) and 'bruise' by bashing lightly with the edge of your knife - this allows the flavour to infuse your dish - but leave stem pieces large enough for easy removal from the dish later.
- 6Add lemon grass, fish sauce and lime leaves to broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove lemon grass and discard.
- 8Add noodles, ensuring that they are covered by the broth and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Right before serving, stir in 2 Tbsp cilantro and green onions.
- 10TO SERVE:.
- 11Heap the 'cold- crispy' bok choy and bean sprouts into 2 bowls.
- 12Ladle over the 'hot' chicken noodle curry.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken Noodle Curry
Serving Size: 1 (967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1434.2
- Calories from Fat 695
- Total Fat 77.3 g
- Saturated Fat 65.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 1088.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 50.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
lemon grass root
fresh lime leaves