Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this from the Disney Family Fun website - and it is DELICIOUS!! They say: "Grilled chicken and tropical fruits seasoned with a citrusy curry sauce give this colorful salad plenty of kid appeal. It makes a great lunch or a light dinner as is, or you can create a heartier meal by serving the meat and fruit with steamed rice and side salads."
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (I used 2 teaspoons Thai Sriracha sauce and 1 teaspoon red curry)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (freshly grated)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless and boneless, cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cups salad greens (I used a combination of a 6oz bag of iceberg lettuce salad and 1/2 of a 6 oz bag of baby spinach lea)
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, red curry paste, orange zest, and orange juice and reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture in a separate container (I SAVED 1 CUP AS THIS MADE A LOT OF MARINADE AND I USED MORE GREENS).
- In a ziplock bag, toss together the chicken breast chunks and half of the marinade from the bowl. Toss the fruit and the remaining marinade in another ziplock bag. Let the food marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill to medium-high, and oil the grates. Thread the chicken and fruit pieces onto separate skewers.
- Grill the skewered chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once, or until the chicken is cooked through. Grill the fruit skewers for 2 minutes per side, turning once, or until you have visible grill marks. Remove the meat and fruit from the skewers and serve them over salad greens drizzled with the reserved marinade.
This was a very good salad that is different from anything I've had before. I loved the hot/sweet contrast.