Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have been looking for something lower carb with crunch and this does the trick! It is pretty spicy so you can cut the chili-garlic sauce (Sriacha) down to 1 teaspoon and add a teaspoon of either soy or teriyaki sauce if you want a milder version. Prep time does not include cooking and shredding the chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded (about 3 breasts)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (chopped) (optional)
- 1 head boston lettuce (or iceberg works too)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (Sriacha)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add shredded chicken and water chestnuts (leave these out if you want even lower carb).
- Meanwile, Remove core from head of lettuce, then wash and dry leaves.
- Combine garlic, ginger, lime juice, chili-garlic sauce, cilantro and teriyaki sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Add to skillet and stir.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer rim of a serving plate. Spoon chicken mixture onto the center of each lettuce leaf and roll like you would a burrito.
- Serve with extra chili-garlic sauce (Sriacha) or soy sauce as garnish if desired.
I make these at least once a month! I add extra teriyaki sauce and extra saracha because like it a little more moist and spicy. So good :)
lite but satisfying, citrusy and sweet, best lettuce wraps i have EVER had! seriously,TRY THIS RECIPE!!!!!