Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
From "Everyone Loves Chicken" by Weight Watchers. I borrowed my friend's book and I'm posting what sounds interesting for future reference. This is 4 points per leg.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce, nam pla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste, Thai roasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole skinless chicken legs, skinned, 1/2 lb
- Combine the garlic, ginger, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, cilantro, mint, lime zest, chili paste, and salt in a large zip-lock style bag and add the chicken.
- Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal it; turn the chicken to coat and refrigerate at least 4 hours to overnight; turning the bag occasionally.
- Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray and heat grill to medium-hot.
- Lift the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill rack.
- Discard the marinade.
- Cover the grill and grill the chicken until well marked and an instant-read thermometer inserted ina thigh registers 180 degrees F., 12-15 minutes per side.