Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great as an appetizer for a barbecue. Preparation time includes time for marinating and time for soaking skewers.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 -6 skewers
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce (Kecap Manis)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the marinade ingredients until well blended in a bowl or zip-lock bag.
- Place the chicken breasts (Cut into 1" cubes) into the marinade and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hours, or up to 24 hours. Skewer the chicken onto the wooden skewers. Broil or grill chicken over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.