1/4 Photos of Thai Chicken Fried Rice with Basil - Kao Pad Krapao
Sue Lau's Note:
Another delicious way to enjoy fried rice, fragrant with the heady aroma of basil!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Thai red chili pepper
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup Thai holy basil (regular basil ok)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry garlic in oil until golden; then add chilies and chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked.
- 2Add rice, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce, and stir-fry, mixing gently.
- 3When well mixed, add shallots, basil leaves and cilantro; cook another minute or so, and serve.
- 4If you desire, serve with lime wedges, chile sauce, fish sauce, or soy sauce at the table.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken Fried Rice with Basil - Kao Pad Krapao
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.7
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai holy basil