Recipe by Sue Lau
Another delicious way to enjoy fried rice, fragrant with the heady aroma of basil!
Top Review by basia1
Excellent recipe. Extremely easy to make - in fact, this was all I made for dinner. Wonderful aroma while cooking, and a great flavor. I actually used aborito rice because that's all I had, but I cooked it as rice and not risotto. Wonderful! Thanks, Sue!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Thai red chili pepper
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄3 cup Thai holy basil (regular basil ok)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry garlic in oil until golden; then add chilies and chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked.
- Add rice, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce, and stir-fry, mixing gently.
- When well mixed, add shallots, basil leaves and cilantro; cook another minute or so, and serve.
- If you desire, serve with lime wedges, chile sauce, fish sauce, or soy sauce at the table.