Around the world in one dish... (7/5/07 -- NOTE: I suggest more sauce than posted by either increasing salsa to 1 1/2 C, or add 1 diced tomato during heating process to increase sauce quantity. It's better to have a little more sauce than not have enough!)
- 1 cup chunky salsa (mild to hot as desired)
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- In saucepan or microwave, combine salsa, peanut butter, orange juice, honey, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Heat until well blended.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until browned. Add julienned red pepper and cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions and fold into chicken mixture. Stir in sauce, salt to taste and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Wonderful with spiced fruit salad.