Recipe by GinnyP
I like to serve this over rice that has been cooked in coconut milk.
Top Review by Rick Young
I made this recipe today and my wife & I just now finished dinner. I gave my version of it three stars but I know it is at least worth four. I used chicken breasts rather than thighs in an attempt to reduce the fat content. Then, I let it cook too long (11 hours on low). This over-cooked the chicken (which was already, due to being breasts, fairly dry). But, despite my errors, it still turned out with quite good flavor. I can't wait to try it again with thighs and when I can better control the cooking time. I may just also add a bit more peanut butter 'cuz we really like that flavor.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup hot salsa
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use San-J low sodium, wheat-free tamari soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro