Recipe by lucy k.
This recipe is from "Cooking Light" magazine. Serve with jasmine rice.
Top Review by Mary the Disturbed Stick Woman
Crockpots vary, but seven hours on high in any crockpot is probably going to do what five hours on high did in my crockpot -- that is, produce something like Thai chicken fricassee. It wasn't pretty (chicken fricassee never is), but it was tasty. I used sriracha sauce instead of Thai chili paste (didn't have any of the latter), doubled the amount, added a tablespoon of turbinado sugar for a little sweet and the juice of a lime for a little sour. Good stuff.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup julienned fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons thai chili paste
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 cups chicken broth (use reduced sodium if canned)
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 lime