Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely, slightly sweet soup. If you cannot find lime leaves, you can use a bit of lime zest instead, but it does change the flavor a bit.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (398 ml) can coconut milk
- 398 ml water
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, only
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- Sauté chicken breasts in oil at medium high, in a stove-top fry pan, until center is no longer pink.
- Warm coconut milk in a medium-sized sauce pan, adding water.
- Add zest of half a lemon.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, dried chili peppers, ginger and brown sugar.
- Loosely chop cilantro and add to sauce pan.
- Remove chicken from pan and slice into thin strips, approximately 1” x ¼”. Add to sauce pan. Let simmer.