1/1 Photo of Thai Chicken & Cashews
Goji Girl's Note:
One of our favorite recipes - I found it on worldwiderecipes.com back in 1998. It is fairly easy and fast to make - the largest amount of time is in the prep work of chopping, as is the case of most stir-fries. Adjust the spiciness by the number of chili peppers - I have used up to 9. I love using jasmine rice, cut the chicken while partially frozen, and try to pick the chili peppers out before serving (in interest of my 19mo old).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -6 dried red chili peppers, whole
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons chicken stock or 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1Prepare all of your ingredients before starting this dish. Once started, it goes fast, and you won't have time to chop the veggies or find the oyster sauce in the back of the fridge!
- 2Start rice cooking, if necessary.
- 3Using a wok, heat oil on a medium high heat. Being careful not to burn the garlic or chili peppers, add combined with the chicken. Stir-fry for two minutes, constantly stirring and flipping.
- 4Add onion, stir-fry for another minute or two.
- 5Turn heat down to medium.
- 6Add sugar, fish sauce, and oyster sauce.
- 7After another minute, add veggies and stock/water.
- 8Stir-fry until chicken is cooked.
- 9Add cashews, stir-fry for one more minute.
- 10Done! As is the rice.
- 11Serve on a bed of rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken & Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 639.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 20.7 g