Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious recipe, different from the normal stir fry, salad or curry. Quick as lightning to make too. I use just cooking spray or bake them.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 cm finely chopped fresh gingerroot, knob, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sweet chili paste (for dipping)
- Place the chicken, garlic, ginger, onion and coriander in a food processor with the chilli and season to taste. Blitz for 15-20 seconds.
- Shape the chicken mixture into small cakes
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the chicken cakes until golden.
- Serve immediately, with sweet chilli sauce and sliced spring onion.
I really liked these, and so did my children. I did add a splash of soy sauce to the mix and adjusted the amount of spice and garlic for us. I served them with Curry Rice and some fresh veggies. My only problem was that they were a little dry, but I'm sure that can be fixed, maybe I'll try them with chicken thighs instead. Thank you Marra, I will make these again! Made for our team the Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6, Asia.
I thought these had a very nice flavor and texture. I did use ground turkey ( 93 % ) so I bet that helped with the moisture. They do need a sauce - I used hoisin sauce since it was what i had on hand. I froze these after cooking and have been using in pita's and on salad for lunches. Nice recipe. Thanks
These were kind of plain - I'd expected a lot more flavor.