1/16 Photos of Thai Chicken Breasts
This recipe actually calls for Breasts, but I used thighs and they were moist and lucious! Goes well with steamed Basamati Rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to season flour,to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 cup sugar snap pea (mangetout)
- 1combine the gingerrot, garlic and red pepper flakes in a cup and set aside.
- 2Mix flour with salt and pepper to taste and dredge chicken pieces in this.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- 4Saute the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- 5Remove the chicken and put in a warm dish, set aside in low oven to keep warm.
- 6Add the ginger-garlic mixture to the skillet and saute until lightly browned.
- 7Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and fish sauce (if using).
- 8Bring the mixture to a boil.
- 9Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- 10Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces in the warm serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve.
- 11Trim and shred the sugar snap peas diagonally.
- 12Just prior to serving sprinkle the top of the chicken with the shredded snap peas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1269.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar