Recipe by Pinay0618
Cleaning out my "cookbooklet" stash and posting the recipes I haven't had a chance to try yet. This one sounds yummy and filling. :)
- 8 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 6 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken thighs in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Top with garlic, onions, celery, gingerroot, five-spice powder, salt and lemon peel.
- Add broth.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, cook rice in water as directed on package.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker; cool until able to handle.
- Cut chicken from bones; return chicken to slow cooker.
- Discard bones.
- To serve, divide rice evenly into individual large shallow soup bowls, spreading rice up sides of bowls.
- Add chicken and broth.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon green onions and 1 teaspoon cilantro.